Rev. Dr. Juanita Evans Leonard, Ph.D.
Rev. Dr. Juanita Evans Leonard’s professional focus is Spiritual Direction in connection with mental well-being. She brings 50 years experience in counseling, education, and Ministry to CrossRoads.
“Spiritual Direction is offered as a means to grow in your relationship with God. The transitions in life can be destabilizing to ones’ over-all being. It is at times like these a Spiritual Director, or Guide can assist you in becoming connected/reconnected to the source of life.” — Rev. Dr. Juanita Evans Leonard
“As a Spiritual Director/Guide, I work one-on-one with clients at all levels towards a Personal Spirituality which you determine is life-giving for you. I apply my listening and assessment skills to help you discover, assess, and apply your own strengths towards your goals for your Spiritual Life.
My 50 years of providing leadership and service in the fields of social service, counseling, Graduate Ministerial/Cross-Cultural Education and Pastoral Ministry are foundational to my Spiritual Direction.
My skills are supported by: a B.A.in Sociology, Master’s in Social Service, Master’s in Cross-Cultural Studies and a Ph.D. in Cross-Cultural Studies. Over the years, people from multiple denominational affiliations and faith traditions have been part of my ministry.
Currently, I am a member of Spiritual Directors International and an Ordained Minister of the Church of God (Anderson, IN).”
- MS. (Master of Science) in Social Service (Indiana University, IN)
- MA. (Master of Arts) in Missiology (Missionary Studies) (Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, CA)
- Doctorate in Inter-Cultural Studies (Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, CA)
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Marriage and Family Counseling (University of Minnesota, MN)
- Ordained Minister of the Church Of God, (Anderson, IN).
- Professor Emerita, Christian Mission Anderson University School of Theology (Anderson, IN).
- Dr. Leonard also serves/served as a consultant with three Mission organizations.
- Served as Pastor of Family Life Ministries and Mission at the Church of the Crossing,
- Director of Urban Ministry Pasadena Heights Community Church of God (Indianapolis, IN)
- Served in Cross Cultural Mission with the Mennonite Central Committee in Kenya, Africa.
- Doctor of Ministry mentor for Anderson University School of Theology (Anderson , IN)
- Consultant on Aging Ministry with Anderson School Of Theology (Anderson, IN)
- Distinguished Service Award from the AAMFT (American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists) of Indiana.
- Dr. Leonard’s writings have appeared in Vital Christianity, Christian Leadership and other publications of the Church Of God (Anderson, IN.), as well as Family Life publications of Evangel Publishing Company, Kenya, Africa.
- A monograph on “Family Life Education” for Mennonite Central Committee was published as part of a series on Development in developing countries.
- Dr. Leonard edited “Called To Minister Empowered to Serve: Women in Ministry”. This work documents the roles women have taken in the ministry of the Church of God (Anderson, IN).
- “A Thread of Hope”, Anderson University Press, 2009 recalls the lives of cross-cultural missionary women who served the Church Of God (Anderson, IN).
Call today for a free initial phone consultation. Mobile users can click to call now: +1 (317) 842-8881 or email us at info@CrossRoadsINDY.com. You can also contact CrossRoads by completing this form. Don’t forget to include your telephone number.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, contact your local hospital. For emergency suicide prevention, Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at +1 (800) 273-8255 1-800-273-TALK (8255), a free, 24-hour hotline.
Although messages, emails, and phone calls will be returned as soon as possible, CrossRoads will not be able to respond immediately if your message is sent after business hours, or if our staff is unavailable.
NorthEast side of Indianapolis, near 71st and Binford on Graham Road near I-465, convenient the Castleton area, Fishers, Noblesville, Carmel, and the Central Indiana area. We’re easy to access from Downtown Indianapolis using Fall Creek Road.
Located on the Anderson University campus (in the old Warner Press building). Convenient for Marion and Delaware counties including Alexandria, Chesterfield, Daleville, and Middletown.