Rev. Dr. R. Benton “Ben” Ruth, President, Director and Founder of CrossRoads Counseling
B.A., M.Div., M.A., D.Min., D.D., Ph.D.
Professional Pastoral Counselor/Psychotherapist/Marriage Counselor, Motivational Specialist, Lecturer and Trainer
Dr. Benton Ruth has served in pastoral ministry since 1966 and counseling since 1975.
The overlapping of Pastoral leadership and Clinical Counseling has provided Benton with a rich legacy of diverse experiences with many denominations as well as profound appreciation for the synergy between his theological and psychological degrees.
Benton has served with six denominations since 1966 (Evangelical United Brethren, Independent Christian, United Methodist, Evangelical Presbyterian, the Church of God and the Church of the Nazarene). His abiding respect for healing the common struggle for both Spiritual and Emotional wholeness has been his focal point for ministry.
The Guiding Philosophy of my practice:
“What competent counseling produces, and all that Psychology aspires to achieve, is precisely what the Bible teaches.” (Galatians 5:22-25, Ephesians 5:9-11) –Rev. Dr. R. Benton Ruth
Ordained in 1978, Benton has sought to promote a unified view between preaching and the integration of Spiritual and emotional growth. This counseling ministry deals with a significant percentage of persons who have been traumatized by varying abuses in life. His specialty is working with persons who desire to “grow in Grace” and find new ways to promote emotional maturity.
After working with the Center for Mental Health (1978-1983), Benton founded the Counseling Center at the Crossing (1983-1991), The Alpha Pastoral Counseling Center (1991-1998), Career Designers (1999-2001), private practice counseling and career consultation (2001-2007) and CrossRoads Counseling and Career Consultation Center (2007-Present).
As a Professional Pastoral Counselor, Benton has provided 50,000+ hours of counseling and provided more than 1,500 hours of clinical supervision to other counselors.
Partial listing of Awards/ Honors (past and present)
- Member, World Society of Motivational Scientists & Professionals
- Administrator, Reiss Motivational Profile: Ohio State University
- Cambridge International Who’s Who, Business Leaders (2010)
- Life Member, Who’s Who Worldwide, Business Leaders
- Member, International Who’s Who (2000-2010)
- Co-Director, NIMH National Workshops for Clergy (1976-1983)
- Board Member, Madison County Mental Health Association (1978-1980)
- Adjunct Professor of Psychology, Anderson University (1978-2003)
- Instructor of Psychology, Ivy Tech State College (2003-2008)
- Certified Professional Training Consultant (Ball State University) 1994
- Founding Member, American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC) since 1988
- Clinical Member, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT) since 1982
- Member, International Coach Federation (Executive Coaching, Life Coaching)(#9008138/Indiana)
Call today for a free initial phone consultation. Mobile users can click to call now: +1 (317) 842-8881 or email us at info@CrossRoadsINDY.com. You can also contact CrossRoads by completing this form. Don’t forget to include your telephone number.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, contact your local hospital. For emergency suicide prevention, Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at +1 (800) 273-8255 1-800-273-TALK (8255), a free, 24-hour hotline.
Although messages, emails, and phone calls will be returned as soon as possible, CrossRoads will not be able to respond immediately if your message is sent after business hours, or if our staff is unavailable.
North Indy at Keystone Crossing (behind the Fashion Mall at Keystone) near I-465. Convenient for Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville, Westfield, and the Central Indiana area.
Located near State Road 67 and Water Street in Pendleton, Indiana in the Horizon International building. Convenient for Pendleton, and other areas Northeast of Indianapolis including Anderson, Ingalls, McCordsville, Fortville, Huntsville, Lapel, Noblesville, and Fishers.